Saturday, September 06, 2008

My Terrible Two



Well almost two, at the end of this month. Her new trick, hanging upside down, her head inches away from the tile just FREAKS me out! In the last month Jaylee learned how to climb out of her crib. So I converted her crib into a toddler bed but she learned how to open her bedroom door. I put one of those plastic door knobby covers on the door but she managed to figure that out in the first day. UHHH! Naps and bedtime literally out the door! Our new nick name for her is Houdini because she can get out of both of her car seats in seconds! Oh and she is also a nudist! Cloths, shoes, and diapers just wont stay on! Any mommy gadgets out there that you guys recommend?

9 comments:

Meagan Rogers said...

Love the upside down picture, but yeah how scary! She could do some major damage if she fell on her head. Good luck with all that fun!

*Katie May* said...

Wow she's a smart little thing. I can't believe she is doing all that already!

Brittney said...

yikes! i have no advice... although a friend of mine did reverse the handle on the door to lock it from the outside...although i prbly wouldnt do that at this age, maybe older(hers is 5).
i had a nightmare last night that libby was coming into my bedroom after crawling out of her bed!! oh, i hope that day is no where near!! clothes...eh, who needs em? but the upside down trick from the counter...omg, thats scary!! looks like she loves that trick though:)

Lydia said...

She still is my sweet little Jaylee!

Bailey said...

Wow! Shes wild! The upside down picture is way too cute, I'm surprised you took it! I don't know what to tell you...mines a stinker too andI don't know what to do.

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

We have a little houdinni at our house too! Just last night we put him to bed and next thing we know he is outside, thank goodness Andy was outside working on his car! The door knob locks don't work for me anymore either. You could have Ronnie install a hook and eye on the outside of her door to lock her in until she is asleep...

aleisha said...

Oh wow, I thought I was the only one that had kids that do things like this! We had to put one of those chain child locks on the outside of Colby's door when he was 2. That way he could still see out of his door and know we were still out there and everyhting was fine, but that he couldnt get out of his room cause it was bedtime. OH, and we had to ignore the cries and pretend he wasnt there. It only took 2 nights to train him to stay in his bed. Good luck!

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness. How scary. I love the screaming face.

Gerald & Allison said...

The terrible two's don't you just love it? I actually think it gets even worse when they turn 3! So how are you surviving hunting season? Hang in there!

--Allison